- Lead, manage, guide and motivate team members to deliver DNO&M objectives, ensure they work safely and comply with all company policies, procedures and regulations and provide technical expertise and knowledge when required.
- Develop a safety culture improvement strategy for DNO&M and associated contractors in line with PWA’s vision and values
- Lead investigations of serious incidents on any DNO&M site which involves fatality or large scale emergency evacuation and provide report and recommendations within agreed timescales.
- Provide and agree annual plans and budgets necessary for successful implementation of H&S strategy and manage delivery against target (includes plans and budgets for supplies, equipment, resources and training).
- Identify, monitor and take necessary actions to achieve agreed H&S KPI targets.
- Ensure appropriate H&S technical input to all DNO&M tender submissions and contracts submissions prior to award.
- Lead successful implementation of H&S policies, management systems, standards and working practices in DNO&M and ensure all DNO&M employees and contractors comply.
- Liaise with the Quality, Safety and Environment Department to ensure alignment of systems and working practices.
- Determine H&S training needs and provide necessary justification for need, scope and people to be trained.
- Define, implement and manage production of all H&S reports and identify trends and variances which require further investigation and action.
- Monitor issue of permits (entry, confined space, shutdown, etc.) as per DNO&M’s permit procedure.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and comply with any new work instructions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Relevant Subject (e.g. Engineering/ Health and Safety)
- Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
- Holder of Diploma in NEBOSH, OSHA or equivalent
- Holder of certificate in Confined Space Entry, Working at Height, First Aid and Hazard Assessment as a minimum
- Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License
- Minimum 5-8 years’ relevant experience, preferably working in water/ waste water industry including five years in a H&S management position and leading a team.
- In depth knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary Organisation preferably in the Middle East
- Knowledge of management systems and ISO accreditation
- Knowledge and experience in contract management
- Ability to deliver and support change
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the organisation
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is essential
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Relevant Subject
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: pstech.talentera.com.