About the role
We at Discover Qatar aim to provide and sustain 5-stars standards in customer services and to achieve the Sales & Revenue targets by employing effective processes to provide quality holiday consultation and service through the team of holiday consultants. As a safari driver you are expected to provide quality guest service of a multi passenger safari vehicle, taking customers on scenic and adventure safari tours and introducing them to unique attractions such as Qatari desert, north of Qatar, Arabian Gulf coast, and other areas of cultural and nature interest, describing features of interest and ensuring the comfort, safety and well-being of passengers and vehicles.
To achieve our ambition we need you to share your skills and fresh ideas, this includes:
- Collect and drop off customers from /to locations as instructed, ensuring a timely departure as scheduled. Assist guests in lifting and loading luggage. Take passengers on scenic safari drives and deliver safe and pleasant safari experience.
- Take part and lead convoys as instructed, adhering to the detailed routes and destinations, and ensuring the comfort, safety and general well-being of passengers and vehicles throughout the journey by adhering to all DQ operating procedures.
- Provide tour narration if required, assist with taking photographs; respond to passengers’ questions and inquiries.
- Responsible for a professional representation of the company through responsible driving and appearance.
- Utilize online reservation system to create a daily manifest of guest pick up and drop offs.
- Ensure any delays are conveyed to customers in line with Discover Qatar service delivery standards.
- Conduct automotive mechanical checks on allocated vehicle prior to the start of the safari/tour and rectify any issues, or escalate to the safari supervisor.
- Conduct checks on the state of cleanliness of equipment (camp beds, sleeping bags, etc.) prior to the start of the safari/tour. Ensure all safety regulations are adhered to and that correct equipment is carried in the vehicle always.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
You are expected to have high school graduation with minimum of 3 years of experience and full clean Qatar driver’s license.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.qatarairways.com.