About the job
- Manage FEED/EPC Contractor’s Rotating Engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
- Develop and review specifications and procedures incorporating industry best practices, to ensure effective management of rotating equipment throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide technical information and expertise to other disciplines, engineering and non-engineering, within the project to ensure there are no delays to project schedule.
- Interface with the Company Discipline Specialist and Project Management Team (PMT) to support effective and timely decisions by conducting technical reviews of documents, and analysing deviations to ensure maximum reliability and availability of all rotating equipment within the project scope.
- Study high impact rotating equipment reliability issues, analyse the causes and provide options/recommendations for resolution with technical and economic feasibility.
- Propose solutions by reviewing equipment and/or system changes for reliability or operational enhancements and optimisation.
- Participate in RCFAs, Risk Assessments, and HAZOP to find cause and eliminate or mitigate the risks. Assist in specialised technical and operational investigations and evaluation of complex tasks, providing recommendations on the most appropriate approach.
- Conduct machinery design audits, appraisal, selection and witnessing FAT, SAT, commissioning, start-up activities and evaluating any deviations as required to meet project requirements.
- Provide technical reviews of the project mechanical rotating related engineering design deliverables with respect to compliance to company and industry engineering standards, procedures and best practices.
- Perform as Technical Authority in the mechanical rotating discipline, demonstrating sufficient expertise to understand and communicate project critical issues to other engineering specialists.
- Support project quality improvement in Contractor’s Mechanical Engineering department by leveraging experience, good engineering practises to ensure quality engineering design integrity and execution.
- 6 – 8 years’ experience working in the field of rotating equipment, preferably in the oil and gas industry with exposure to onshore . Strong mechanical rotating experience at a senior engineer level with in-depth knowledge and understanding of industry best practices and the ability to introduce new concepts to ensure maximum reliability and availability of all rotating equipment. CO2 sequestration Project experience is an added advantage
- Previous experience in the development of conceptual and detailed design, simulations, economics and business cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.