About the job
The Risk Manager will oversee the organizations comprehensive insurance and risk management program, assessing and identifying risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of the organization.
The candidate will act as the main lead of the Risk Management pillar, he or she will be developing risk management programs and procedures considering the best international practices. As well as, manage the risk and control assessment reporting process including Board Committee and Senior Management level reporting standards.
- Conducts risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports, and market trends.
- Establishes policies and procedures to identify and address risks in the organizations services and departments.
- Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements.
- Recommends and implements risk management solutions such as insurance, safety and security policies, business continuity plans, or recovery measures.
- Reviews and analyzes metrics and data such as cash flow, inventory, breakage, and employee activity that could uncover fraudulent behavior.
- Drafts and presents risk reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Performing a risk assessment: Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Classifying and reviewing the current level of risk of the organization.
- Preparing risk management reports
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to relevant stakeholders
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Implementing health and safety measures, and purchasing insurance
- Conducting policy and risk audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in various positions relating to Risk Management, with proven experience of board or committee experience.
- Extensive experience within the Insurance industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Business/Audit/Accounting/Compliance);
- Post-graduate degrees and professional qualifications in one of: audit management/business/compliance/risk management is a plus.
- Highly proficient in drafting, reading and writing English.
- High technical skill in Microsoft Suite programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience of working in a highly regulated entity highly preferred
- Proven ability to manage work flows effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment