The Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily running of the restaurant and FOH team in alignment with set hygiene & food safety standards. He/she ensures that guests are provided with an outstanding customer service and actively helps to improve their overall dining experience. This role is contributing to the service team’s efforts by presenting a positive first impression of the establishment’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards.
- Ensures that the team adheres to set HACCP, ISO guidelines and food safety standards at all times as well as overall grooming standards
- Promotes a friendly and courteous attitude towards all clients, guests and staff
- Interacts and builds relationships with the restaurant clientele.
- Ensures food meets corporate specifications on presentation and recipe.
- Conducts line checks prior to and during shift.
- Ensures food is served on a timely as franchise/ restaurant requirements.
- Ensures all stations are properly stocked throughout the shift.
- Ensures guests are acknowledged upon arrival and departure and that staff adheres to their department service durations i.e. i.e. bartender acknowledges guest within one minute, etc.
- Supervises, coordinates and directs the prompt, efficient and courteous service to ensure that standards are met.
- Participates in service as necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of the restaurant.
- Participates in decoration and preparing the restaurant for promotions and special events.
- Actively participates in order taking, sales efforts, service and guest relations.
- Monitors and controls all operating equipment for the restaurant.
- Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature
- Handles all complaints efficiently as per set Company standards
- Participates in functions and activities with other outlets when required
- Degree or Bachelor in Hospitality/ Tourism industry essential
- Equivalent vocational qualification obtained working for a 4/5 star hotel or fine dining restaurant
- Must have at least 5+ years work experience in hospitality, restaurants or fine dining environment, whereas 3 years at least within a supervisory role
- Excellent command of English, Arabic desirable
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence
- Sound business acumen and financial understanding
- Understanding of MICROS
- Knowledge of HACCP, ISO standards, intermediate Health & Safety certificate
- Intermediate MS Office knowledge