About the job
Project: As part of the development of an international airport, the project incorporates the expansion of existing passenger and cargo terminals.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking resident special systems inspector – telecoms to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
The role will work closely with project managers and the quality assurance team to ensure observations, corrective actions, and acceptance actions are communicated.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing daily inspections on telecommunications installations, outside and inside the project, to identify substandard or incorrectly installed elements on the project.
- Executing the inspection by utilising quality control checklists, applicable to industry standards, project specifications, and approved construction drawings. Installation efforts, deficiencies, and deviations will be documented by photograph.
- Reporting deficiencies and deviations to the quality control inspector to the onsite project manager for further action, correction or acceptance. Quality control inspectors are not responsible for enforcing corrections or developing solutions.
- Attending construction meetings, preparatory meetings, or other relevant meetings to obtain scheduling information and other key information regarding installation requirements.
- Producing red-line drawings of the work observed in the field utilising government-provided drawings and recognized acceptable drafting practices and guidelines.
- Creating weekly quality control reports annotating observations and monthly reports documenting inspection efforts, maintaining detailed installation discrepancy checklists, site incident reports, and meticulously reviewing project drawings on a daily basis as work is performed.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You must have experience in programme or project management in pre and post contract functions on large international airport projects. You will have knowledge of building construction, quantity surveying, contracts, procurement and dispute resolution.