About the job
Project: As part of the development of an international airport, the project incorporates the expansion of existing passenger and cargo terminals.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking resident inspector – electrical to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
The role will be reporting to the MEP project manager in order to assist in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities of the electrical works on the project.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Assisting in performing the contractual duties on site.
- Maintaining a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc. and signing/approving at the end of each day.
- Attending to Inspection Requests (IR’s) submitted by the contractor and taking appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Monitoring quality of works and assessing the safety at the site including health and environmental issues, ensuring the same complies with contracts/QCS specifications, safety and health risk assessment and environmental mitigating measures respectively on a daily basis.
- Preparing surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at the site that is believed to have failed or if the contractor is not complying with verbal instructions and subsequently complete a non-conformance report (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
- Providing technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline related issues on site that may arise.
- Providing support in managing and inspecting all electrical and instrumentation work and ensuring that installation activities comply with contractual obligations and quality control standards.
- Receiving material inspection requests (MIR) from contractors, inspecting electrical and instrumentation materials delivered at the site and reporting on the quantity and technical compliance and signing off requests.
- Preparing/completing the necessary documentation prior to inspection of the works and process accordingly following completion of the inspection.
- Keeping, monitoring and following up as necessary and maintaining complete record(s) concerning the execution of the works.
- Ensuring that the project quality control procedures are used for the construction supervision works and monitoring it for improvement.
- Ensuring site progress information is communicated regularly.
- Liaising and coordinating the works to ensure successful hand-over of the project.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered.