Stantec Qatar is currently seeking a Resident Engineer for a construction supervision project of a Trunk Sewer and Terminal Pumping Station at Doha North.
- Responsible for reviewing the design proposals, work program, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, payments, variation orders and claims etc.
- Effectively manage the site supervision staff during construction & ensuring the works are being carried out according to the Contract specifications.
- Ensure monitoring on the quality of materials and workmanships installed, operated and maintained.
- Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
- Liaise with Client, Project Management and Contractor for resolution of project issues, in addition to concerning Authorities, when required.
- Supervise, review, monitor and report on progress.
- Ensure the site safety practices
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports
- Familiarity with conditions of the contract, quality assurance.
- Liaise with the client, coordination with Governmental Organization and other Consultants/Contractors
- Consistently adheres to and enforces internal Company processes and policies such as business and contracting rules
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
- Works in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited University with a Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a professional career development record all as approved by the Engineer.
- Membership of an accredited recognized Project Management Institution and or Chartered, Professional Engineer would be a distinct advantage.
- 15 years of experience with sewer networks or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in civil design
- Experience with deep shafts for sewer construction
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: stantec.jobs.