Reservoir Engineer (Doha/Expat)
- Preferable 8 years experience including 1-2 years at well site in a leading operating oil company as a Reservoir Engineer in all aspects of reservoir development including testing, modeling, sampling and related areas.
- Works according to specialized technical and professional standards with considerable latitude in devising method or approach to particular studies and problems. Work assignments are subject to general review and direction by supervisor.
- Produces high quality “fit-for-purpose” deficiency free work. Through the quality of the work, establish a high degree of trust between the different disciplines of the team.
- Required to have a broad theoretical and practical knowledge within his discipline and have a working knowledge of the other technical disciplines within his team.
- A demonstrable ability in planning, organizing and execution of studies/projects is required.
- A high degree of self-reliance and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to integrate disparate data and analysis from a variety of sources and technical disciplines into a coherent working reservoir model.
- Ability to initiate and coordinate in-house, laboratory and specialist consultant activities within his discipline
- Be fully conversant and comfortable with all relevant software applications in his discipline.
- High level of communication (both verbal and writing skills) and interpersonal skills.
- Have a proven ability to work effectively in teams.
- The ability to identify the key leveraging variables in complex situations frequently involving multiple disciplines.
- Manages the sub-surface uncertainty through the anticipation of alternatives, quantifying exposure and maximizing reward.
Due to the nature of the position, the incumbent will need the mental rigour to deal with frequent disruptions outside working hours and to make optimal operational decisions regardless of the nature or timing of the disruption.