About the job
A Reservations Supervisor oversees the Reservations Team and how it performs routine procedures in order to maximise revenue and Guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As Reservations Supervisor, you oversee the Reservations Team and how it performs routine procedures in order to maximise revenue and Guest satisfaction. The Reservations Supervisor will work with the Reservations Team to develop future and repeat business opportunities.
- Manage telephone, fax and email enquiries in a prompt and professional manner and in accordance with company standards ensuring accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Understand seasonal and historical trends and work within them to ensure maximum occupancy and average room rates
- Identify new contacts, develop sales leads, and respond to sales opportunities in order to maximise revenue
- Produce quotations and written confirmation to all clients
- Monitor customer satisfaction regularly and resolve any outstanding issues to ensure future business
- Ensure Team Members are developed effectively, maintain a thorough understanding of hotel facilities and processes, and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Ensure bookings are guaranteed and no show charges/late cancellation charges are applied where appropriate; and Reservations policies and procedures are followed to ensure Guest satisfaction
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Reservations Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Assist in the recruiting, managing, training and developing of the Reservation team
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Reservations Department
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Reservations Supervisor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Positive attitude and excellent English communication skills
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Confident telephone manner, and sales result focused
- Intermediate IT skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the Hilton systems (OnQ, iDeaS, Delphi)
- Arabic language (spoken, read & written)
- Previous experience in the Reservations/Sales function within a luxury hotel
- Previous working experience in the GCC