About the job
The incumbent of this position is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Reservations department.
The Job Of Reservations Supervisor Is Executed Satisfactorily When
- Reservation standards are implemented and complied to.
- All relevant data is entered into the systems in a timely and accurate manner
- Data is reviewed and analyzed on an ongoing basis
- The department number two is fully able to manage all daily tasks, and can manage all aspects of reservations (cut off dates, rooming lists, guest complaints).
- Direct reports have a career plan.
- All inventory (transient, group, wholesale allotments and other) and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites and the GDS are effectively managed.
- All distribution channels are returning appropriate availability and pricing for the following 365 days.
- New Revenue Management tools are being used, including IDeaS where applicable, Channel Manager, Opera, and any new/similar tools or reports.
- The Sales team is trained on the effective use of Opera to improve profitability of group bookings where applicable.
- All WebEx sessions organized by Corporate are attended (unless valid business reasons).
- Receipt of any email request is acknowledged within a maximum of 48 hours
- Manage rooms inventory to achieve optimum results in occupancy, average rate and revenue, reviewing daily reservations accuracy, rates compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and rate availability.
- Train, develop, and motivate staff to increase productivity.
- Participate in staff recruitment, organise on-the-job and monthly training for all staff, supervise and manage performance in order to ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
- Maintain good working relations with other departments and keep close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- Review MyFidelio, OCM & PMS availability keeping sufficient inventory for high yield segments.
- Ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in all systems for ease of use by Reservations.
- Ensure all internal package breakdowns are loaded and in line with financial department.
- Supervise the Reservations Agents in their daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents’ commissions, staff responses to clients, etc.
- Control no show and late cancellation charges.
- Update Serenata configuration / offers / confirmation letters set-up in corporate design, if applicable.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the internal credit policy.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, renovation, special campaigns, theme events etc.).
- Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Prepare reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain all reservation standards.
- Keep department informed of all changes in systems or procedures.
- Monitor reservation pick-up for the coming months.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Test calls LQA / IFH results > 85%.
- Maintain an internal up sell programme for the Reservations department (benefits / team competition).
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management.