About the job
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Operate the Reservations Services department properly, efficiently and with profitability
- Supervise and assist Reservations Services team with their duties
- Perform aspects of human resources and training functions, including counselling, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, etc., for the entire team
- Handle all guest complaints and comments relating to the department tactfully
- Personally, identify guests in VIP categories and as well as repeat guests; recognize and anticipate their individual needs
- Ensure department standards and policies are adhered to, making recommendations where necessary to reach overall performance goals
- Understands seasonal and historical trends and work within them to ensure maximum occupancy and average room rates
- To constantly monitor the market and the competition and report on threats and opportunities
- Attends major events in hotel and city as requested by Department Head
- Work with F&B, Spa and Rooms management team to ensure booking capacities and restrictions are managed effectively
- Graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 4 years study in Hospitality or another professional discipline
- Minimum of 5 years supervisor experience required
- Minimum 3 year of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment
- Minimum of 1 year of Reservations / Call Center experience
- Strong command of MS office products and Mitel system
- Good knowledge of PMS, HotSos, ResPak and SpaSoft an advantage
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!