About the job
A Reservations Manager is responsible for optimizing conversion & revenue, training & develpoment of Reservations team, ensuring outstanding quality of reservations & customer service is reflective of the Brand.
What will I be doing?
As Reservations Manager, you are responsible for contributing towards the achievement & optimization of rooms revenue targets as per the Commercial Plan; leading the Reservations team to deliver exceptional customer service, and ensuring the highest quality standards in line with Brand.
The Reservations Manager will work with all commercial specialists to execute & optimize future and repeat business opportunities.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Optimize revenue capture; maximising occupancy & ADR
- Reviewing and revising revenue strategies based on demand & reservations’ patterns
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Work with the Sales and Events Teams to optimize corporate and group capture; manage room blocks
- Manage third party sites and agents to ensure proper implementation of reservations procedures, and maximise conversion ratios
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments’ adherence to achieving that strategy
- Ensure Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, billing and processing
- Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
- Assist in the recruiting, managing, training and developing of the Team
- Participate in the organisation of hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
A Reservations Manager at Waldorf Astoria is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
The successful candidate should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous Hilton systems experience (OnQ, iDeaS, Delphi)
- Previous experience in a Luxury Branded Hotel
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations, and ability to work efficiently under pressure
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in the same or similar role in Qatar, or GCC
- Arabic language (spoken, read, written)
- Previous pre-opening experience