About the role:
Talent Development is looking for a Learning Specialist in the Reservations and Ticketing field who will be responsible for developing and facilitating group training and instructional programs, covering a wide range of process and system development areas in accordance with an agreed training plan. He/She will ensure that people are equipped with the required behavioral knowledge and skills to support the business in achieving its objectives.
If selected, you will
- Identify training needs; plan and propose development programmes for QR staff. Perform on the job training on site with the employees to enhance learning.
- Implement the effectiveness and efficiency of learning by delivering programs to align with 70:20:10 principles.
- Support the management in developing skills to ensure employees mature and adapt in an ever changing business environment.
- Evaluate, amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment.
- Deliver system based Train the Trainer program to facilitate training for local stations that will provide the necessary skills to handle the flights confidently.
- Responsible to train staff in Doha and across the network in a variety of technical programs such as Passenger Tariff, Amadeus Reservations and Ticketing, and Fares and Ticketing Workshops.
- Support Commercial business unit in testing new developments and system enhancements
- Organize program logistics including venue arrangements, recordkeeping and post-program follow up, in conjunction with the Talent Development coordinators
- Provide a high quality of training that meets or exceeds training defined by Qatar Airways to its employees and subsidiaries
- Facilitate training programs to a world-class standard, using adult-learning and learner-focused techniques.
- Utilize coaching techniques to improve employee performance based upon an agreed action plan.
- Initiate new training based on prior experiences and needs analysis.
- Represent QR at the IATA Reservations, Ticketing working group and Accredited Training Centre to generate revenue for Qatar Airways by selecting and designing training for external participants.
- The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- IATA or equivalent training on Fares and Tariffs
- Experience in delivering training.
- Hands-on experience with Global Distribution System- Amadeus Fare Calculations
- Train the Trainers Certification