Working under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or more senior staff on sponsored research projects develops and performs complex standard laboratory procedures and also assists technical specialists in advanced research.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex cell/tissue assays, culture preparation and/or analyses; also prepares moderately complex stains solutions, media, buffers, solutions and reagents for non-standard prescribed tests.
- Operates, calibrates and performs routine maintenance on standard and specialized laboratory equipment.
- Manipulates, computes and analyzes data using complex statistical computer software. Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs and summary reports of procedures and results including graphs, scientific calculations and statistical analysis charting
- Responsible for Quality Control and Assurance of samples, reagents, and data. Ensures laboratory compliance to all guidelines and standards of WCM-NY and WCM-Q.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory hygiene, disposes of laboratory waste.
- Orders laboratory supplies, maintains laboratory equipment and related records, expenditures, including inventory control and material receipt.
- Develops and documents methods to improve processes in the laboratory.
- Assists in the review and development of new laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Cross trains on equipment, coordinates vacations, etc with other team members to ensure smooth lab flow.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three or more years prior experience working in a research or similar laboratory
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previously exhibited individual initiative
- Previously demonstrated advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Previously demonstrated ability to communicate in both scientific written reports and professional presentations.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands