We are seeking an Assistant or Associate Research Professor to work in the Processing Centre (GPC), College of Engineering, Qatar University.
- The ideal candidate must be of a Chemical Engineering background or related fields with strong credentials in Gas Conversion research, preferably in the area of CO2 and methane conversion to valuable products. Expertise with natural gas monetization and hydrogen production will be an asset.
- He/she is required to possess excellent practical skills and a thorough knowledge of modern synthetic methodology.
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to strengthening the capacity and expertise of the Gas Processing Centre.
- He/she is also expected to promote strong ties with the local Oil and Gas industry, through consultation and training.
- The ideal candidate must have a strong track record of publication.
- Most importantly, the GPC is looking for a highly motivated and team-oriented candidate who is interested to work and support different research projects at GPC.
- A Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- At least five yearsÃ¢Â€Â™ experience in the mentioned research areas.
- Capability to work on multiple engineering projects and bring them to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three refereesÃ¢Â€Â™ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.