This role is responsible for the release management lifecycle of technical deliveries for projects and operations into one integrated solution from development through to production deployment.
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You have an in-depth understanding of the software delivery lifecycle within a communications service provider (CSP) and digital service provider (DSP) environment. You are well versed in the telecoms applications stack which make up the IT and core network systems. You have hands on experience in planning, prioritizing, tracking, risk and dependency management, testing, and release communication along with overseeing Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration pipelines.
You have managerial experience and have a proven record of accomplishment in building and managing teams. You can work independently, or as member of the team, in multi-cultural, agile and fast pace environment and deliver business results.
You have a proven track record of implementing and owning the release management process for a large scale IT operations.
You are an experienced professional with strong communications, collaboration, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Implement and manage release processes/ Framework for code deliveries from development, test, and production environments from the ground up. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- Plan release windows and the overall release lifecycle.
- Implement automation within the cycle.
- Manage risks and dependencies where and when it may affect the release scope and / or timelines.
- Implement a framework which will measure and monitor release delivery progress.
- Building the IT release calendar working closely with Lead developers, project leads and, demand managers
- Weekly release reporting
- Participate and conduct where applicable release readiness reviews, milestone reviews and business go/no-go reviews.
- Work with developers to understand the impacts of branches and code merges.
- Continually working towards improving and automating further the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate production deployment activities.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope or issues involving releases.
- Provide timely project status reporting to management
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Responsible for tracking and aligning environment code baselines.
Minimum Experience and Essential Knowledge
- Minimum 10-15 years of related work experience of which minimum 5-10 years in the Software Development Domain
- Working experience in DevOps and CI/CD toolsets. Implementation experience of transitioning to a DevOps culture is considered a plus.
- Experience in Build management, deployment and change management and, version control.
- Hands-on experience with ARA (application release automation) toolsets.
- Good working knowledge and past experience on Program/Project Management practices, Team Leading, Contract / SLA / OLA Management and Software Development Lifecycle including Design Thinking and Agile Practices and Methodologies
- Experience working in the Telecommunications Industry, demonstrating solid understanding of Telecom Business Models, Operating Environments and Processes across Technology, Sales, Marketing, Customer Care, Finance, Regulatory and Legal and Telecom BSS/OSS Information Technology and Software System