We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
HSBC Commercial Banking provides universal financial services support to corporate clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Commercial Banking is positioned as an essential partner to medium to large enterprises seeking to maximize their potential. It offers streamlined access to HSBC’s broad range of market leading banking products and services
Due to continued growth of this business we are currently seeking an experienced and ambitious Relationship Manager to join the International Subsidiary Banking team in Doha which looks after Qatari based clients. The role will have a strong business development emphasis and as such a professional with a proven track record in this area is preferred.
In this role, you will:
- Grow sustainable revenues from the existing customer portfolio and through targeted acquisition of new quality customer with a focus on subsidiary clients.
- Ensure proactive and aggressive relationship building/customer contact plans and pipeline management for both existing and new customers, to deepen penetration for customer wallet.
- Generate quality assets through the use of appropriate risk management tools, priced appropriately for risk and ensure superior returns within customer’s risk appetite.
- Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests while remaining within the bounds of prudent banking.
- Proactively grow international/cross border revenue to achieve the CMB LIB objective.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell group product and services as appropriate and ensure this is concluded successfully for the Bank and the customer.
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as the market leader in this segment.
- Establish an effective working relationship with Risk Management teams, in order to validate the accuracy of the customer risk profile, and ensure sustainable asset growth.
- Ensure a quality service for all customers by owning customer engagement, ensuring service excellence at all times, for all aspects of any customer, prospect or professional’s interaction with HSBC
- Help the customer to draw on the HSBC group network by working closely with other CMB countries and product groups (GTRF, GLCM and GBM).
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements :
- Robust commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience, in-depth knowledge of deposit products and of the concept of cash flows
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Experience in structuring complex credit deals for clients and close engagement with Global Banking and Markets products
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Good commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Knowledge of how ISB clients operate
- Knowledge of Trade, GLCM, GB&M, RBWM, and GPB products and capabilities
- Robust understanding of client planning methodology
- Knowledge of group systems, including CARM, CME, HORIS, Global Links and Dealpoint
- Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM
- Wide personal connections within the group and outside the group (chambers of commerce and other associations