About the job
About The Role
With an extensive global network, highly-experienced staff and premium facilities, we offer a high-quality air freight service to our growing list of customers around the world.
As the business expands, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the team in Doha as a Regional Manager Cargo Compliance.
The Role Includes
- Ensuring compliance in cargo operations at the region through close coordination with ground handling agents and staff within the stations as well as with the regional management.
- Continuously monitor, recommend and develop actions to ensure adherence to regulations outlined by the local authorities and regulatory bodies, and compliance to IATA standards and recommended practices for the effective and safe movement of inbound and outbound cargo, whilst reducing the operations costs involved.
- Facilitating a positive compliance culture in conjunction with local, regional and headquarters stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the rules and regulations of Qatar Airways are closely followed at all stations in the region in regards to Security, Safety, Operations, Performance and Quality.
- Performing station audits, assessments and inspections per agreed requirements and as necessitated by events in the region or network. Assessments will include ground handling agents and internal staff reviews as well as process assessments.
- Manage and follow up on corrective actions to ensure compliance, safe and secure operations.
- Develop and review training, policy and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within an airline or air freight industry
- Excellent knowledge of cargo operations, dangerous goods, airline standards and IATA regulations
- Quality Assurance and audit background, certification in IOSA, ISAGO, CEIV Pharma/live/Lithium Battery is an advantage
- Good knowledge of ground handling functions, cargo warehouse and freighter ramp handling
- Good knowledge of safety management system, cargo safety and ground safety
- Excellent knowledge of quality assurance program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good command of written and spoken English