Job Summary and Purpose
Plan and implement recruitment activities, including developing policies, procedures and processes, for sourcing, selecting and hiring the best talent from multi-discipline organizations and skillsets, in line with the manpower plan and attrition to meet companies’ requirements. Overseas the Recruitment Unit performance and guide the team to ensure that Nakilat’s and Joint Venture Companies’ staffing requirements are satisfied in a timely manner, with a competent workforce, and in a most cost-effective approach.
- Plan and implement recruitment strategy, hiring plan and budget for Nakilat and JVs.
- Design and manage recruitment and selection processes (reviewing JD, screening resume, preliminary/formal interviews etc.)
- Establishes recruiting plan by studying organization manpower requirement, anticipating needs (internal/external trends) and collaborating with managers to realize the manpower requirements.
- Analyzes the performance of recruitment agencies, cost per hire, time to hire and recommends changes and improvements, introduces standardized terms and conditions in line with the company’s P&P and budgetary plans.
- Develop plan, acquire management approvals and manage to execute overseas Recruitment Campaigns, for mass recruitment.
- Analyzes the recruitment software and recommends and implements changes to leverage maximum utilization of business software and streamline processes.
- Conduct sourcing activities in order to fill open positions. Reviews employment applications and background check reports. Interview candidates in-person for a wide range of roles (junior, senior and executive)
- Serve as brand ambassador at various events, like career fairs or on-campus recruiting events. Represent company internally and externally at events with a goal of networking and relationship building with potential candidate communities.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation, enforcing regulations with managers, recommending new procedures, and conducting training
- Manage respective candidate pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities
- Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment and sourcing methodologies
- Review online applications, evaluate qualifications of both internal and external candidates, conduct prescreen interviews to analyze candidate experience and fit, coordinate pre-employment tests as needed, and develop a short list of potential candidates.
- Participate in the offer process including negotiating offers with candidates.
- Develop and maintain an international network of recruiters, contacts and candidates via proactive use of diverse mediums, including social media.
- Screen CVs and applications and generate a short-list for functional/divisional/departmental review. Verify credentials (e.g. university degrees) and conduct reference checking once approved and waived by the candidate.
- Plan regular recruitment trips to source high-caliber Qatari National candidates through university fairs or similar, whilst promoting a positive image of NAKILAT and Joint Venture Companies. Provide information on company operations and employment opportunities to potential applicants.
- Work closely with PR department to develop creative ways for addressing attracting and reaching out to maximum population challenges. Participate in developing advertising programs related to recruitment plans and positions’ requirements and identify and coordinate with advertising/recruiting agencies to publish job advertisements..
- Identify the appropriate recruitment channels to be utilized to fulfil the recruitment plan requirements, and work on building and maintaining good relationships with the external souring channels (if any).
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to the relevant job criteria, using databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources and internal databases as and when required.
- Screen CVs and applications and generate a short-list for functional/divisional/departmental review.
- Verify credentials (e.g. university degrees) and conduct reference checking once approved and waived by the candidate.
- Conduct initial interviews with applicants (face to face or over the phone) and schedule for interviews with other members of the HR Department and/or functional Managers if necessary and provide feedback for the candidates as required.
- Participate in the various on-campus and related venues for the identification and recruitment of Qatari nationals into NAKILAT and Joint Venture Companies consistent with the Company’s National Development/Qatarization program.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; and emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Ensure clear mutual understanding of staffing priorities and practical constraints. Guide the hiring managers through the recruitment process where needed.
- Maintain a data bank of vacant positions and work on sourcing in line with Nakilat and Joint Venture Companies’ manpower plans as shared by the relevant stakeholders.
- Measures the performance of HR Recruiters and provides them feedback to constantly improve and enhance their performances, to maintain an engaged and competitive team.
- Developing KPIs for team and define SLAs to ensure continues service delivery improvements and contributing company objectives effectively.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE)
- Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Benchmark & develop departmental policies, processes and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the recruitment process regarding the success rate in search and selection and recommend modifications to policies and procedures as necessary.
- Ensure full compliance with established guidelines, policies, and procedures related to sourcing, selection, and engagement of candidates for employment.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or any other related filed.
- A certification in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution (e.g. CIPD, PHR, SPHR, CIR, ACIR), is highly preferred.
- Certification in competency-based recruitment and selection is a plus.
- 5-7 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3-5 years should be in a similar position/responsibility.
- Multi-discipline experience in Marine, Oil & Gas, Construction/Contracting and regional experience is preferred
- Previous experience of leading a team is a must.
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge about social media recruitment strategies.
- Full life-cycle recruitment processes, including management of multiple high-volume roles simultaneously
- Strong working experience Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively both in groups as well as independently
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nakilat.com.