Wyndham is now seeking a Receiving Clerk to join our team at Wyndham Doha West Bay in Doha, N/A.
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving and/or issuing food, beverages, supplies, and operating equipment in accordance with established Wyndham’s policies and procedures. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that all products and services received are consistent with hotel quality standards and communicate all omissions and deviations to appropriate management.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field is preferred.
- Flexible and long hours are sometimes required.
- Very heavy work – Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Able to withstand significant extremes in temperature fluctuations in the working environment.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.