Our opportunity is for a talented Quantity Surveyor (Pre and Post Contract) to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar. This position is responsible for implementing cost and financial control procedures for the Pre-Contract and Post-Contract stages.
We envisage success in this role to include:
- Implementing commercial/contractual matters within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintaining proper and complete communication on all project related issues.
- Preparing preliminary estimate for the client, allowing the client to frame financial needs.
- Tendering and supporting contractual arrangements, considering client’s priorities and information available from designers.
- Preparing tender and contract documents in coordination with the clients and members of the design team.
- Attending pre-contract interview with tenderers, short-listing and further advising.
- Ensuring the terms of the contract are followed and managing supplemental agreements.
- Assessing and reporting upon variations to the construction works and claims for changes..
- Identifying performance issues that need to be brought to the attention of the Commercial Manager.
- Analyzing project(s) variations and changes, prepare project reports, analyze information for adjustments to project budget as necessary to assure a successful project(s).
- Analyzing and interpreting contract conditions.
- Understanding, identifying and assessing project risks.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 10 years of work experience with at least 3 years of experience working on major infrastructure-related projects (Design-Bid-Build environment), partnered with a Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering and Qatar Engineering License (MME/UPDA).
Chartered status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors will be viewed favorably.