About the job
Duties And Responsibilities
The Quantity Surveyor (QS) will be providing all necessary assistance to the client with respect to all financial aspects and contractual matters in the project. He/she will participate in the review and approval of interim payments, project variations and other financial matters.
- Advise on contractual matters.
- Ensure completeness and validity of contractual requirements.
- Advice on Contractor’s resource allocation.
- Audit payments to Contractors.
- Ensure prompt submittal and completeness of valuations.
- Check and record measure of work done.
- Prepare variations and day-works.
- Monitor contracts final cost estimate.
- Maintain expenditure records.
- Review, negotiate and prepare claim settlements.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of his team.
- Prepare financial statements for monthly report.
- Perform other duties associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying or Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of post graduate experience and at least 5 years demonstrable experience in Quantity Surveying and Contract Administration on major infrastructure projects preferably in Qatar.
- Knowledge of pre contract administration.
- Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software
- Strong analytical capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.