DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Quantity Surveyor will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team concerning all financial aspects and contractual matters in the project. Will participate in the review and approval of interim payments, project variations and other financial matters. The Quantity Surveyor will assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the analysis and evaluation of all contractor claims by the contractor and other contractual matters.
- Assist the SQS in all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the project.
- Participate, record and assist in the preparation of the minutes of the progress meetings.
- Provide support to the SQS on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
- Participate in all commercial meetings.
- Liaise with the SQS to ensure prompt submittal and completeness of Contractors monthly payment applications and assist the SQS in finalizing the payment certificates.
- Maintain and streamline all cost and quantity records.
- Advise the SRE and REs on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
- Evaluate the unit rates for new work items and present to the SQS for review.
- Participate in recording the details and monitor the day works recording and process.
- Assist the SQS in the preparation of variation orders.
- Participate in the Evaluate contractual claims for review by the SQS.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of entitlement of Contractors claims for review and issuance by the SQS.
- Advice on contractual matters related to financial issues.
- Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
- Monitor the contractor’s resource allocation.
- Assist the SQS in the preparation of financial statements for monthly report.
- Partake in the auditing of payments to Contractors.
- Check and record measurements of completed work.
- Monitor contracts final cost estimates.
- Assist the SQS in the review, negotiation and preparation of claim settlements with the Contract’s Department of Client and the Engineer (PMC).
- Participate in the preparation of Final Accounts with all supporting documentation.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, or related field and ten (10) years demonstrable experience in Quantity Surveying on major road, highway and general infrastructure construction projects preferably in the Gulf region.
- Experience in the planning or major projects with particular emphasis on the utilization of computer programs such as Primavera or equally capable program for the planning and tracking of similar projects is a requirement. Will provide assistance to the team during negotiations, arbitration, or any other forms of dispute resolution.
- Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.When support counts, count on us