Power International Holding
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for carrying out detailed quantification for multi-disciplinary projects. Ensure that complete tender documents, submissions are in line with the requirements. Visiting sites during the pre-tender stage. Prepare RFI’s for Senior Quantity Surveyor’s review.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance to the IMS Procedure
- Assists in the effective tendering management that will result to winning bids and contracts of projects
- Assists in the effective budget preparation that will result to high profit and business continuity
Additional Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance to IMS procedure
- Tendering Management:
- Assist in studying complete tender documents/ BOQ & Drawings. Preparing Tender Appraisal and discuss with Senior QS.
- Carrying out detailed quantities of substructure, superstructure & Infrastructure works comparing with tender BOQ.
- Supports for Floating enquires for sub-contractors and suppliers based on tender documents. Obtaining quotations from the suppliers.
- Assists for the Preparation of comparative statements for sub-contractor’s quotations including verifying subcontractor’s compliance with specifications / Qualifications for further review.
- Any other departmental related activities like post-tender quantifications, as instructed by the superior
Prepares quantities base on concept drawings
4. Obtains and expands knowledge base on all MEP, Civil and Building related matters as relating to specific projects.
- Through the achievement of this all commercial and contractual matters
- Assists in managing Client Site Instructions and Variation Orders
- Prepares all details for payment application for inclusion in the main monthly application for certification
- Assists in cash Flow and Budget Preparation including regular monitoring at least once per month.
- Assists in the preparation of Contractual and Commercial correspondence “Letter Writing”.
- Prepares of all claims for variations. Utilizing specific sectoral knowledge.
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly cost value reconciliations cost to complete reports and profitability projections5. Administration of Subcontractors and use of company procedures
- Prepares subcontracts on standard approved terms and templates.
- Ensures to prepare all required documentation for changes to the scope of the works of Subcontractors these are to be accompanied by signed off Variation Orders, and when payment is secured from the Client / Project Manager and Back to Back with the Main Contractor back-charged to other underperforming Subcontractor responsible for the non-recoverable expense.
- Ensure to assist in Contractual and Commercial Support and Correspondence “Letter Writing” to Subcontractors
- Experience in the use of computer-based quantification and knowledge in using systems such as CCS (Candy)
- Knowledge in using Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, outlook express etc.)
- Experience in the optimal use of AutoCAD for Quantity Takeoff
- Knowledge of Planswift Software for quantity take-off
- Knowledge in preparation of Bill of Quantities with the standard method of measurement
- Knowledge in Principles of Measurement (International) – 1979, NRM2 CESSMMIII, QSSM, QCS, FIDIC
- Knowledge in using Microsoft Office Applications i.e. Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Effective communicator written and verbal and Capable of working independently.
- Eagle eye for details
- Numerically accurate
- Good presentation skills – written and verbal
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Total 11 year(s) On Job 5 year(s) GCC 1 year(s)
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying