Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Quality Specialist Assurance & Preservation to work for Offshore Expansion Project. This is a 2 years residential contract to be based in Qatar.
- The Onshore Quality Specialist – Assurance & Preservation is responsible to coordinate the effective implementation of the Company Construction Quality Surveillance Program and Preservation Compliance program for the EPC-1 project.
- The Quality Specialist is responsible to coordinate the site Quality Assurance audits and Preservation field inspections. The position is responsible to establish KPI reporting including recommendations for improvement and corrective action.
- This position provides guidance and leadership for all matters relating to the preservation compliance program to maintain the integrity of equipment and materials for the project.
Reporting And Relationships
- Reports to the Quality Divisional Manager – EPC1 with day-to-day interaction with construction personnel, field engineers as well as system completion and commissioning group.
- Deputizes for the Head of Site Quality – EPC1 during his periods of absence.
- Position is a full-time, residential quality position based at the NFE Onshore facility in Ras Laffan Qatar.
- Report input to Head of Site Quality on quality performance metrics, DR’s and KPI’s related to QA/QC activities.
- Review quality documentations/record such as Quality Plans, ITP’s and other Contractor’s deliverable as directed by Head of Site Quality-EPC1.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Quality Specialist is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the Construction Quality surveillance program including reporting of statistics and recommendations for improvement.
- Leading and coordinating QMS audits with EPC-1 Contractor, whilst maintaining reporting relationship with all Heads of Quality position with respect to their area of assignment.
- Participates in EPC Contractor’s audit program for project audits (audit plan, schedule, checklist, reports, etc.)
- Provides verification that construction quality systems and procedures are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the approved Quality Management Systems.
- Monitoring and tracking project deficiencies and reporting quality KPIs to the management team.
- Promotes and monitors key processes such as Deficiency Reporting, Specification Deviation Request, Non-conformance Request, Corrective Action Reports, etc.
- The Quality specialist provides oversight of the Preservation Compliance program to maintain integrity of equipment and materials for the project.
- Work with the EPC contractors to ensure their preservation processes and plans are robust, fully documented and appropriately resourced.
- Provide oversight on the contractors’ preservation systems to ensure the documentation systems align with their preservation plans.
- Identify if gaps exist between the preservation plans of different contractors and or contract scopes.
- Work with commissioning and start-up to ensure preservation processes and documentation compliment commissioning and start-up activities
- Provide single point contact for information and guidance when conflict arises pertaining to the overall care of equipment between interface owners.
- Provide guidance to the EPC contractors in their development of Preservation Management Procedures, Preservation Activities Tracking and Reporting and turnover documentation.
Required Experience / Qualifications
Person Specification – Minimum Requirements:
- 10 years’ experience associated with Quality Control & coordination of quality activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry and Registered Lead Assessor with IRCA/CQI or equivalent. (where equivalent is proposed, evidence of equivalence shall be provided).
- Preferred: Associates Engineering or Engineering degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Materials or Science.
Knowledge And Key Skills
- Experience with multi-national contractors, in particular those involved in the construction of Temporary site facilities, LNG production facilities,
- Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects
- Experienced in facilitating & coordinating efforts to resolve interfaces issues
- Experience with conducting audits & assessing process-driven quality systems
- Experience with Preservation programs and procedures for Vendors and ECP contractors.
Technical And Business Skills
- A thorough knowledge of codes and standards in relation to site construction and working within a structured Quality Management System
- Must be capable of positive decision-making & demonstrating a high level of judgment & responsibility