Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the overall shift in-charge and to oversee the daily activities of the department. You will also upkeep the Quality Management System and oversee the HACCP standards of the unit.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Working through the existing process to maintain a detailed verification plan which includes a check on all existing process to monitor the quality process and identify deviation as well as to implement corrective action;
- Monitoring deviations by employees in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and developing training plans to close non-conformances;
- Identifying relevant quality-related training and awareness-building requirements and developing plans to bridge skill or information gaps;
- Conducting quality and hygiene audit of the unit and identifying deviations in processes and standards;
- Forwarding corrective action plans on all non-conformances observed;
- Conducting external supplier audit as per yearly schedule to ensure suppliers are following proper food safety standards;
- Organizing and conducting toolbox training for employees;
- Safekeeping and storage of relevant HACCP documentation;
- Evaluating the Quality Management System through the sensory and organoleptic test;
- Making weekly, fortnightly and monthly reports on statistics such as total verification, non-conformances,
- Foreign Object (FOB) and quality complaints and training conducted.
To be successful in this role, you should have a relevant Tertiary, Trade or Vocational Qualification or Degree in Science with a focus on Microbiology or Food Technology.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of job-related experience in a multinational company or international flight catering company
- Ability to understand the current process and identify areas of improvement
- Skills in drafting audit report and recommending corrective actions
- HACCP Level 3 and 4 Training on Food Safety
- Achievements in ISO 22000 certification planning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with different departments.
- In addition, knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety Management systems will be advantageous.