About the role
We are recruiting for Qatar Executive MOCC Lead Engineer, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The QE MOCC Lead Engineer will lead and develop the newly created QE MOCC Department. He/She will manage the department by monitoring and reducing aircraft delays, groundings and improve the technical dispatch reliability of the QE Commercial Fleet in order to achieve 100% on-time departures and improve customer experience.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Manages the operation of the QE MOCC which functions 24/7/365 to ensure continual support.
- Co-ordinates QE MOCC Engineers under his/her control to ensure they perform to their highest level.
- Checks that an accurate and thorough log and handover is always maintained between each shift.
- Ensures that produce and control procedures for the QE MOCC to document the requirements/practices for the department.
- Informs the QE Senior Manager CAMO of any aircraft related defects that will impact aircraft schedule/ operations to ensure that the proposed actions taken are mutually agreed.
- Manages the reliability of the QE Fleet by monitoring repetitive defects with the intent to improve the reliability of the fleet by establishing and eliminating the cause.
- Works in conjunction with QE CAMO to recommend the adjustment of frequencies of routine tasks with the intent to improve reliability and reduce costs of performing maintenance away from main base.
- Ensures that information about aircraft technical discrepancies away from base that may impact further operations, are equally disseminated to QE IOC, Fleet Management and QE CAMO for their awareness.
- Co-ordinates support through various contracted and non-contracted Maintenance Repair Organizations (MRO) as and when required, to support the continued airworthiness of the fleet.
- Confirms that third party maintenance performed away from base, is continuously monitored and supported by the QE MOCC Engineers on duty, to ensure schedules are maintained.
- Checks that all work performed by QR145 and third part MROs complies with the provisions of the QE Continued Maintenance Organization Exposition (QE CAME).
- Controls QE MOCC staff training to ensure QE MOCC staff are compliant and up to date with their training requirements.
- Ensures that the QE MOCC Engineers adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Checks that the QE MOCC Engineers coordinate with the QE Supply Chain Manager in order to deliver parts and material required to support the rectification of discrepancies away from base to maintain schedules.
- Performs other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the head of the department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 6 years of job-related experience.
- Minimum 6 years of certifying experience with four years MOCC experience and Technical Management experience.
- Must hold type rating preferably on Gulfstream G650ER/ Bombardier Global BD 700 aircraft type.
- Conversant with MS Office.
- Good communication skills particularly in written and spoken English.