About the role
We are recruiting for Qatar Executive MOCC Engineer, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The QE MOCC Engineer will continually monitor aircraft technical defects on the QR Commercial Fleet. He/She will improve the technical dispatch reliability, reduce aircraft delays / groundings to achieve 100% on time departures and improve the customer experience.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Supports the operation of the QE MOCC in shifts which functions 24/7/365 and reports to the QE MOCC Lead Engineer.
- Ensures that accurate and thorough shift logs/ handovers are maintained so that continual information is transferred to the next shift.
- Follows / work to procedures for the QE MOCC as defined by the QE MOCC Lead Engineer.
- Informs the QE Senior Manager CAMO of any aircraft related defects that will impact aircraft schedule/ operations to ensure that the proposed actions taken are mutually agreed.
- Manages the QE Commercial Fleet by monitoring repetitive defects and proposing remedial actions to improve reliability of the fleet.
- Works in conjunction with QE CAMO to recommend the adjustment of frequencies of routine tasks with the intent to improve reliability and reduce costs of performing maintenance away from main base.
- Ensures that information of any aircraft technical discrepancies away from base that may impact further operations, are equally disseminated to QE IOC, Fleet Management and QE CAMO for their awareness.
- Co-ordinates support through various contracted and non-contracted Maintenance Repair Organizations (MRO) as and when required, to support the continued airworthiness of the fleet.
- Ensures that third party maintenance away from base, is adequately monitored and supported to ensure that schedules are maintained.
- Ensures that all work performed by QR145 and third part MROs complies with the provisions of the QE Continued Maintenance Organization Exposition (QE CAME).
- Adheres to company policy and procedures.
- Co-ordinates with the QE Supply Chain Manager to order and deliver parts and material required to support the rectification of discrepancies away from base to maintain schedules.
- Performs other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the head of the department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification/ Vocational Qualification / Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with minimum 5 years of job-related experience.
- Minimum 5 years of certifying experience with four years MOCC experience.
- Must hold type rating preferably on Gulfstream G650ER/ Bombardier Global BD 700 aircraft type.
- Conversant with MS Office.
- Good communication skills particularly in written and spoken English.