We are recruiting for a Lead Engineer – Qatar Executive, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The Lead Engineer is directly responsible for the serviceability and airworthiness of the Qatar Executive (QE) Aircraft while utilizing the highest standards of practice in accordance with QCAA regulations and QR standards and procedures to ensure the continued safety of flight for this aircraft. Ensures timely performance of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities to the QE aircraft assigned to him/her. Ensures that all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance conducted to the assigned aircraft is carried out to the highest maintenance standards and safety in the most productive and cost-effective manner using all available resources at his/her disposal.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Personally meet flight crew of the assigned aircraft to debrief and ensure that the reported defects are accurately defined and recorded.
- Performs the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities required to support the successful operation of assigned aircraft.
- Determines materials, tooling, support required to perform assigned maintenance tasks.
- Defines priorities of defects to be rectified, identifies skill sets required and coordinates effective use of pool personnel (B2 Licensed Engineers, Aircraft Mechanics, Lead Cabin Mechanics and Aircraft Appearance Agents) with the other QE Senior Engineers.
- Proactively find solutions to the defects to ensure efficient resolution while adhering to both regulatory and company policies and standards.
- Advises the Maintenance Manager of any impending issues of areas of concern that may have an impact on aircraft and in particular cabin system serviceability.
- Responsible for the final release of work while ensuring tasks are performed to meet QE standards and targets such as aircraft availability, system reliability and level of acceptable deferred defects.
- Reviews work procedures, equipment and standards to propose improvements to ensure work processes are effective.
- Implements solutions to technical problems within his range of operations.
- Assists QE management in the definition of new aircraft, GSE and support requirements.
- Provides assistance to other QE departments, as required, to define, develop and prepare maintenance work packages.
- Provides specialist support, as required, to QE SM CAMO.
- Provides guidance and/or on-the-job training for up to 15 technicians and mechanics.
- Ensures aircraft maintenance tasks are accomplished in accordance with company policies and procedures, with a special focus on documenting maintenance activities.
- Works together with OEMs, vendors and suppliers to find solutions to defects and/or problems affecting the operation of the aircraft.
- Trains and develops other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Performs other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the head of the department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years of job-related experience.
- Licensed Engineer capable of holding a minimum of one QE aircraft type authorization.
- Recognized diploma in aircraft trade.
- In-depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals appropriate to his area of employment.
- Sound knowledge of air legislation.
- Holder of ICAO mechanical or avionics license, preferably EASA License.
- Recognized aircraft type rating, preferably at least one aircraft operated or planned to be operated by QE
- Previous experience in a supervisory role performing line and base maintenance activities.
- Conversant with MS Office.
- Sound knowledge of aircraft defects with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills particularly in written and spoken English.