About the job
- Perform inspection of all material or equipment such as valves, piping, gaskets, fittings, heat exchangers, pressure vessels etc., and reviews the certificates with respect to purchase orders, codes, standards and specifications requirement.
- Provide support to Engineer for development of new welding procedure for Company/Contractor which includes witnessing of the testing. Maintain and update welding procedure qualification record/specification and welder qualification records for Company.
- Coordinate and provide support to Engineer/End User for the periodic inspection of Gas Cylinder and Portable tanks and maintain the certificate/record and database.
- Carries out or witness various non-destructive / destructive test on materials to assess conformity to requirements.
- Performs required QA/QC services for the planned and unplanned work during shutdowns and ensures required work permits as company host.
- Attending shutdown meetings related to Maintenance jobs and participates in site visits for deciding on the Pressure test exemptions of work orders.
- Reviews Contractor’s maintenance repair procedures (Quality plan, Inspection & Test plan, QA/QC procedure, WPS, Welder qualification record, etc. related to modification, repair and replacement jobs or new project work as per approved EMOC.
- Performs QA/QC activities (Welding/NDT/Heat treatment/ Pressure test /GRP/ FRP/ Composite wrapping etc.) as per specifications and contract requirements for project plant maintenance activities on Company equipment or facilities.
- Responsible for closing of all Maintenance Work orders related to QA/QC activities in SAP and timely completion of all inspection reports and uploading in Meridium.
- Perform audits on Suppliers and Contractor’s Quality assurance and control systems, prepares and submit Audit report to Engineer for review.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent / Higher National Diploma in Mechanical.
- AWS-SCWI or CSWIP 3.2; or equivalent.
- Professional certification in API 510, 570, 653 (as applicable);
- Has attended relevant courses and attained certification as: ASNT/PCN Level-2 in UT, MT, PT, RT or Advanced NDT
- 4 years’ experience in Material inspection, Fabrication, Welding, NDT, Testing and Painting/Coating activities in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Good knowledge in International Codes and Standards (ASME, AWS, ASTM, API, NACE/ISO).