Power International Holding
Ensures that work/projects are delivered based on good work practices and project specifications to guarantee completion of work within the given time limits with quality of work that meets or even exceeds the client’s expectations by implementing international quality standards plans and quality procedures in all the construction activities. Assists in developing the Project Quality Management System by establishing procedures, pleas and work instruction as needed.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Assists Project QA/QC Manager or Sr. QA/QC Engineer on implementing a quality management system at site as per approved Project Quality Plan and IMS Procedures.
- Prepares work inspection requests (WIR) for each construction activity and submit to the consultant to ensure it covers all the construction activities done on-site.
- Checks all incoming materials as per project specifications and approved material submittals.
- Monitors WIRs and test reports and update the Quality Manager and site team on the status
Additional Job Roles & Responsibilities
1. Establishes and monitors control of QA/QC Plans, Method of Statements and Test Plans before the commencement of the project and implementing it during the project in order to meet the project quality requirements and client’s expectations.
Sees to it that control of document procedures is implemented and all approved documents from consultants are distributed through the document control system.
Checks Inspection and Test Plan if available and all method statements and test plans are submitted for the consultant as per the approved ITP plan.
2. Prepares work inspection request (WIR) for each construction activity and submitted to the consultant to ensure it covers all the construction activities done on-site.
Verifies if work inspections are carried out as per the plan and advice the construction team for the corrective action to avoid the rejection of work and emphasizes that work inspection shall be passed during the first submission with 90% rate.
3. Ensures all incoming materials are checked as per the project specifications and approved material submittals
Inspects all materials internally before offering inspection to the consultant, raising the NCR to the supplier in case the substandard material is delivered, the record of the inspection shall be included in the month Quality report.
4. Monitors WIR and test reports and update Management, Construction Team, Planning, Quantity Surveyors and Cost Control Departments about the current job status.
Maintains the records of all work and material inspection and provides the data in the weekly progress meetings.
Records all test results and ensure it’s availability for steel along with the mill certificates.
Makes sure that logs are available along with the test reports for all types of test as per the approved testing matrix.
Checks concrete pour cards are maintained on a daily basis and the copy is provided to the storekeeper to raise the SRV and to the cost controller/QS.
- Knowledge of work-related standards, specifications, and quality systems such as: ISO 9001, QCS, SMACNA, ASHRAE, NFPA, etc)
- With enough technical experience on dealing with various QC issues.
- Knowledge of local employment laws/regulations sufficient to analyze proposed policies
- In-depth knowledge on the Quality Management System (QMS) or Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Preparation of O & M Manuals in coordination with the Management team.
- Sets priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
- Can perform at an advance level of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Performs Quality Field talks and training to the staff on work methodologies
- Analyzes complex technical data such as using logic and quantitative reasoning
Total 8 year(s) On Job 6 year(s) GCC 2 year(s)
- Professional degree in MMUP Engineer Registration (UPDA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or any related field