About the job
The Main Purpose of your role is to:
Take ownership over the category purchasing management in terms of Assortments, Pricing, Offers and Supply. Responsible for monitoring economic performance of the assigned departments /categories across sales, gross margin, profit and loss and consistency with the company’s commercial strategy.
(Some of) What you will be doing:
- Responsible for Assortments, Pricing, Offers and Supply.
- Product Demand Analysis
- Creating Purchase orders
- Responsible for monitoring economic performance of the assigned departments /categories across sales, gross margin, profit and loss and consistency with the company’s commercial strategy.
- Providing input to the Line Manager regarding flows, adjacencies, tools and templates, fixtures, etc.
- Reviewing and resolving any issues with local suppliers.
- Ensuring cost efficiency across our consumers that meets their needs/wants.
- Defining and maintaining the local assortment and integrating the basic assortment for the department/categories.
- Selecting local suppliers, negotiating and purchasing in line with expected needs guided by standards such as cost price, discounts, rebates, payment terms, discounts, etc.
- Pricing the items based on pricing guidelines and recommended prices for PL/Imported items.
- Collecting market prices and conducting country price audits.
- Identifying local promo products and pricing each item and submitting forecasting/relevant reordering information to replenishment.
- Developing the country promotion calendar.
- Following up and ensuring effective execution of all activities required for each promotional event.
- Analysing and providing inputs for more effective promotional activities such as consumer preferences, local competitors and trends.
Attitude matters most but the below skills are helpful:
- Positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative, courteous working relationships with others.
- Excellent negotiation abilities, collaboration skills, problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present both qualitative and quantitative information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner to all levels of the organization
- Planning, Organizational and Time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Can perform at an advance level of Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Able to provide strong and effective client support
- Maintaining and deepening relationships with partners
- Initiative, flexibility and instinctive commercial acumen
- Proactive and creative approach to explore all possibilities to build solid foundations