About the job
We are looking for a PURCHASER, with minimum 5 to 7 years of experience as a Purchaser for Interior Decoration Business or Interior Building Materials & Furniture companies. Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or any related field. Holding a valid Qatar ID and able to provide NOC to join our company located at Doha, Qatar.
Summary: The Purchaser is responsible for conducting market research, building a network of reliable vendors and service providers, negotiating the best contracts, inspecting deliveries, securing deals and meeting with potential clients. He will also be responsible for obtaining purchase requirements by verifying, preparing, forwarding purchase orders and receipts of items.
- Conduct research on potential products, vendors, and services, and compare prices and quality to ensure the best deals.
- Meet with vendors and clients to negotiate the best contracts.
- Monitor inventory and orders to refill stock.
- Attend events, shows, and exhibitions to network with vendors and view new products.
- Liaise with delivery and warehouse teams to ensure goods are received on time and in good condition.
- Forward available inventory items by verifying stock and scheduling deliveries.
- Inspect purchased products upon delivery and report any issues timely.
- Update all records of purchased products.
- Prepare reports on purchases made and perform cost analyses.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with staff and superior.
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing the items requested with the master list, clarify unclear items and recommend alternatives.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and prices, obtain recommendations from suppliers for substitute items and obtain approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtain purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers, as well as monitor and expedite orders.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing the items received with the items ordered and resolve shipments errors with suppliers.
- Retail experience or similar.
- Practical experience with purchasing software.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Sound research and networking skills.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Ability to meet financial targets.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.