Stantec Qatar is currently seeking a Public Relations Officer (PRO) – Arabic Speaking for a construction supervision project of a Trunk Sewer and Terminal Pumping Station at Doha North.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to
- Prior to the commencement of the construction works, the PRO shall arrange dialogue sessions with all property owners, residents, Management Cooperation, School Managements who would be affected by the work and inform them about the project’s works.
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- Liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople;
- Liaising with and answering inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and direct meetings
- Researching, writing, and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- Collating and analyzing media coverage;
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, presentations and involvement in community initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with all employees; liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by your line manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Law, Mass Communication or equivalent from an
accredited university or institution to the approval of the Engineer.
- Must be bilingual in both Arabic and English.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrable overall experience in the public relation and communication works with no less than 5 years in works focus on public customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in Public Relations works dealing with a public complaint in the construction industry would be an advantage.
- Dealing, handling and resolving conflicts, feedbacks, complaints from the public and residents pertaining to the construction projects inconvenience.
- Initialing dialogue with the public, residents, municipalities, MOI, traffic police, government department, drainage network O&M and embassies etc on public relations issues as directed by the Ashghal / SRE / Senior PRO on project-related.
- Conduct regular visits and ad hoc visits to the affected residents affected by the works and make the necessary reports, feedback to Ashghal and the affected resident.
- Coordinate and work closely with the construction supervision team to minimize inconvenience to the public.
- Must have a good understanding of Qatari culture.
- Must be prepared to work night shifts, as required to attend to public complaints.
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic both written and spoken with good capability in oral and written communication skills;
- Computer skills and the ability to utilize design software are mandatory.
- Resourceful, pleasant and approachable personality.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions to handle public complaints.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: stantec.jobs.