About the job
Your day to day
As the Public Relations Manager, you will produce public relations plans and strategies that will promote and maintain excellent public relations in order to maintain the brand image of the hotel. Your duties include but not limited to planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in all public relations and marketing activities.
- Research and write news releases for trade and consumer media. Design, coordinate and distribute press kits.
- Develop media contacts, plan press conferences and other press activities. Identify opportunities to strengthen the hotel’s positioning.
- Publicize the Hotel’s community and charitable organizations.
- Maintain clipping/photo files pertaining to the Hotel.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Develop and manage relationships with public relations agencies and other outside companies in the development of programs to meet communications objectives.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include sales, other hotel departments, hotel Executive Committee, and corporate and community affairs.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Clients, public relations agencies, vendors, trade and consumer media,
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, private clubs, government and community leaders, etc,) What we need from you Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- Minimum three years of experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel and/or resort
- Degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent studies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with a diverse team,