To source, collate, write and win high value new and retained tenders for the company whilst raising the company’s profile via exceptional quality tender submissions. To professionally tailor the tenders to the requirements of each individual client by use of extensive market intelligence research, liaison with internal and external key stakeholders and managing the bid process end to end on own initiative in a pressured deadline-driven environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Business Unit Manager to prepare proposal plans that meet the objectives of the proposal requirements and timeline.
- Work with Operations Manager to review and approve corporate collateral to ensure the highest quality of Company brand presentation.
- Analyze client requests (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) to understand the technical, financial, schedule and other requirements and determine final document structure.
- Monitor and remain current on amendments and modifications to client requests.
- Support the end-to-end proposal/RFP/presentation response process to ensure all expectations, actions, and timelines are understood and delivered.
- Liaise with other departments and subject-matter experts to obtain technical content required to prepare proposals in accordance with the proposal timeline.
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal administrators and contributors.
- Provide technical writing, technical editing, production coordination, document management, and content development on proposal documentation to ensure they are accurate, well-written, and persuasive.
- Clearly define the scope of work and services offered to the client and identify any clarifications or exceptions to the client’s inquiry.
- Prepare, research, and write compliant, persuasive proposal text in the areas of qualifications, experience, staffing, technical responses, and resumes.
- Express technical aspects of projects to a variety of readers including technical and non-technical decision-makers.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with Company management.
- Scope, specify and source subcontract packages during proposal preparation in accordance with client requirement and Company’s in-house capabilities
- Manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ensure proposal preparation processes are followed, a standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established criteria.
- Maintain knowledge of approved company vendors, estimating methods and project execution procedures.
- Create, accumulate and maintain resource materials including course outlines, client references, staff CVs, photos, training materials, and company narratives including safety, environmental, quality management, project management proven experience, etc. for proposal use.
- Promote company-wide understanding and adherence to the Company process and Company brand standards.
- Continuously improve the proposal process through best practices
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be extremely organized and have excellent writing skills. They must also be able to supervise and train supporting staff, prepare presentations and schedule meetings with clients to discuss and negotiate proposal details and timelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years in proposal preparation and management
- Civil Engineering or Architectural degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in building construction
- Experience in prefabricated and modular building solutions is a plus
- General knowledge of Facilities Management services
- Experience in Facilities Management is a plus
- Possess an entrepreneurial sense and is business development-oriented.
- Broad knowledge of marketing principles thorough understanding of proposals.
- Excellent managerial, supervisory, coordination and organizational skills.
- A keen eye for detail, with a view to promote the company brand and enhance corporate reputation.
- Strong drive to succeed, and deliver quality products in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Effective English-language communication skills both written and verbal for interface with clients and co-workers.
- Extensive working knowledge of managing large document production using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong researching skills, with the ability to transform findings into clear, persuasive proposal text.
- Working knowledge and experience with the preparation of budgets, schedules and cost estimates.
- Flexible and creative in responding to clients and potential clients requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and willing to work overtime to meet deadlines as needed.
Microsoft Office (Especially Excel and Word)
Email applications, such as Outlook