Established in 2001 as a partnership between Cornell University and Qatar Foundation, WCM-Q is part of Weill Cornell Medicine in New York. WCM-Q, the first medical school in Qatar and a pioneer of coeducation at the university level, for 17 years of operation, we have been providing the finest education for medical students, conducting cutting-edge research, improving health care and providing the highest quality of care to the community. We are hiring for the position of Projects Specialist-IPH.
The work and what it looks like…
The Projects Specialist (PS) is responsible for managing and leading public health research and related projects. The PS develops methodology and techniques for conducting the research, and the development of research instruments. The PS will assist in reviewing research related fieldwork, validating collected data, authoring reports, and communicating within WCMC-Q and across various local and global institutions and communities in accordance with the Institute for Population Health program framework, goals, and objectives. The PS will also support the delivery of IPH, and medical education programs as required.
Who you are and what set of skills will bring “Excellence” in this role…
- Excellent interpersonal relation skills.
- Working knowledge with analytical abilities and familiarity with population health research and development processes.
- Medical background in the public health field is most preferred.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills along with the ability to lead and train projects members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation capabilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize complex tasks.
- Works well with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Works effectively in teams and independently.
- A committed and proactive approach to continued professional development