The Project Manager oversees construction projects, including coordinating employees, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget. This position develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of the project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
Job Responsibilities 1
1. Construction Management
- Participates in the development of the project program consistent with contracted constraints
Contributes in the development of the PQP.
- Contributes in Construction management plan CMP “Participate in the strategy, plan, coordination and execution of all major and minor project activities utilizing consultants and subcontractor’s coordination and technology”
- Contributes in preparing the logistic plan and submit for consultant approval.
- Participates in the preparation of the mobilization plan.
- With HSE manager, QAQC manager, to Contribute in preparing and submitting the site evacuation plan
- With HSE manager, Construction manager, contribute in preparing and submitting of traffic management plan.
- Contributes in the preparation of HSE plan
- DC system and procedures
- Sets up the company DC system on the project site and ensure it’s compliance with IMS procedures.
Implements all relevant company Integrated Management System processes and procedures on the project
Job Responsibilities 2
- Technical and Engineering Management: Ensures all engineering work is produced in accordance with the company’s Policies and Standards.
- Coordinates and interface closely with all Project Directors and Project Managers to ensure no delay or interruption with current ongoing engineering functions while overall company engineering function is standardized, enhanced and centralized
- Manages to review operating procedures and systems and develop these to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Manages to present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Compiles and maintains a matrix of all resources engaged in engineering/technical aspects of projects, assess and update on their capabilities.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses in the engineering/technical resources and recommends measures necessary to raise the competency levels.
- Reviews all project technical specifications and procedures and amend as appropriate and applicable.
- Coordinates with Project Directors, Project Managers, Construction Managers and Procurement
- Managers to initiate all engineering requirements inclusive of method statements and other related engineering submittals.
- Establishes a software library for all generic and project-specific engineering submittals.
- Reviews prepare and approve all temporary work design, such as tower crane foundations and all other temporary works such as formwork, shoring systems, etc.
- Identifies value engineering opportunities both during the design and construction stages.
- Ensures projects formulate tracking schedules for engineering submittals, inclusive of material submittals, in standardized formats and detailing a log of all Project requirements. These are to be updated periodically as per contract and weekly as a minimum.
- Liaises with Planning Department to input on all engineering aspects of Project Planning.
- Evaluates technically all shop drawing submittals and standardize their production as per the company policy, ensure coordination of all shop drawings between all disciplines.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Professional client management and interaction
- Effective time management
- Knowledge in computers and leading-edge building management tools
- Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge
- Contracts administration
- Technically proficient in all aspects of design and building-related systems
- Knowledge in MS Office/MS Project /Primavera, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional degree in PMP