Parsons is now hiring an experienced Project Manager -Landscape with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
In this role, you will be responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms and corporate policies. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience coordinating projects through all phases of project inception, programming, design, and closeout will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Project Managers to b e versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and contractor.
- Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project. May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths. Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop schedules and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Advises the client and company management of any such changes.
- The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through the application of Quality Assurance processes.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Establishes weekly meetings to review project status and formulate action items.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- BSc/BEng in civil or Architecture engineering; chartered Engineer from a recognized professional body is preferable.
- Holding PMP certification or similar training certification.
15 + years overall postgraduate experience, a minimum of 5 years in the GCC, with the last 6 years as a Project Manager with the following:
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to identify potential problems and be able to successfully and productively resolve problems or propose solutions
- Ability to demonstrate time management skills, and alignments of projects objectives
- Sound Knowledge of Works Programme build-up, components, critical path review & analysis
- Analytical & numerate skills
- Team building, ability to motivate and to work well within a large team and show leadership skills.
- Experience in Microsoft applications.
- Very good reporting skills.
- Having worked in reputable projects during the Construction phase to
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other project management’s team members
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: jobs.parsons.com.