Ready to take your engineering and management experience to the next level to work on complex construction problems that will have a huge impact on the local community? Parsons is now hiring a Project Controls Director who can lead a team of professionals overseeing project controls functions across the Qatar sector.
Parsons’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your management and technical experience, will propel your career forward with opportunities for advancement with top performance. We need our Project Controls managers to be versatile as well as have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. In this role you will develop, manage, and execute all phases of project controls functions, including planning/scheduling, cost control, and risk management, utilizing widely diversified knowledge of project controls systems & procedures, and drawing upon broad experience and exposure to various types of projects and clients.
- Leads Project Excellence/Controls organization within the assigned sector and manages resource assignments and staffing requirements within the department.
- Manages, or delegates, all project controls functions within the sector, including schedule management, cost control and forecasting, corporate reporting, and risk management. Collaborates with the Commercial Department to provide specialized support with change management and claims.
- Provides guidance and directions to the project controls team members and specialized assistance to projects for the resolution of complex project control problems, including staffing and/or performance issues.
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with Program Directors/Managers to ensure that their Project Controls-related requirements are fulfilled.
- Manages a diversified team of project controls managers/engineers who are qualified to analyze, evaluate, and forecast project schedules and costs.
- Interfaces with clients as/when required to support the business as the ‘face’ of Project Controls for the sector.
- Supports the Sector Manager in identifying means and methods for increasing margins, improving cash flow, and achieving top-line growth.
- Leads and/or supports the sector in delivering various corporate requirements, including corporate reporting, business planning, cash management, risk & opportunity planning, etc.
- Leads project excellence efforts during proposals (pre-contract) and mobilization (post-contract). During the proposal stage, develops the proposal schedule, WBS, cost estimate for project controls services, and project controls-related proposal content. Upon award, identifies/assigns project controls resources, develops/implements systems and procedures, and revalidates project baseline schedule and budget.
- As a member of the Regional Project Excellence Leadership participates in identifying initiatives focused on the improvement and advancement of project controls services across the organization, and leads the implementation of those initiatives, either within the sector or across the region.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of established systems and procedures, and utilizes best practices to introduce further improvements to existing and new business processes.
- Functionally manages all project controls resources within the sector, including staff assignments/requirements, performance reviews, training and development.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this role as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management (or related field).
- A professional certification via a renowned accreditation body in project management and/or controls.
- 15+ years of related experience, including 5+ years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Experience in leading project controls organization(s), either on major programs or at the corporate level, within a reputed consultancy organization.
- Diversified knowledge and experience in all aspects of project controls, with a specific focus on planning/scheduling, cost control, earned value management, reporting, and risk management. Equally robust knowledge of both schedule and cost management is required.
- Proven ability in making informal or formal presentations, both internally and externally, for high-level matters, e.g. substantiation of a business case or presenting a solution to a complex problem.
- Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various Project Controls Software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough knowledge of industry best practices.
- Incumbent must meet Parsons Project Controls Manager Certification requirements.