About the job
What you will do
The Project Engineer – Telecom Systems is a key role directly reporting to Project Manager – ELV Systems for Middle East region. You will be based in Qatar and will be a part of a growing team and be responsible for driving the growth of business for Telecom Systems.
You will be supporting the project management team on designing and execution of projects. As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your experience to support the team with the pre-sales/estimation.
How you will do it
As an Experienced Project Engineer you need to have a complex knowledge in designing and project execution of security systems solution involving Access control/CCTV, Data LAN, Gate Barriers, Intercoms, Time attendance, AV, Video conferences, Telephone, Structured Cabling and Basic Networking. You will carry out site surveys for the assigned territory and involve subcontractors for installation works.
As a Project Engineer you will recommend upgrades or system improvements on maintained system as required and prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects, Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications and you will interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Similar Discipline from a reputable university
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ relevant experience in PAGA, CCTV, Access Control, Gate Barriers, Intercoms, Time attendance, AV, Video conferences, Telephone, Structured Cabling and Basic Networking
- Knowledge and experience in spector lumenex PAGA system & knowledge in other competitor Bosch, Federal signal, Gai-tronics etc is plus.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Experience in CEM, Software house and other JCI (Tyco) security systems shall be an advantage
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal, negotiation, labour management and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, project costing and execution skills.
- Determine cost estimate targets during the design and development process, recommending cost effective solutions.
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality and impactful professional documents for clients and internal use
- Fluency in English language is essential