Azure Developer Product Marketing Managers use their deep developer audience expertise and excellent marketing skills to bring Microsoft’s marketing and technical teams together to help professional cloud developers discover and successfully use Microsoft’s Azure platform, both through in-person 1:many engagements and at digital scale. Azure Developer PMMs help drive broad awareness, skilling and adoption of Azure services to promote a self-sustaining ecosystem of skilled cloud developers.
Developer Engagement (70%):
- Be the visible thought leader, externally and internally, for the professional cloud developer audience.
- Actively engage developers and tell the Azure story at local events and communities. Maintain technical understanding of the Azure platform (200 level) and be able to translate Azure value propositions into a locally relevant narrative that carries an authentic developer voice.
- Build and own the local Azure developer engagement plan, partnering with fellow leaders (local and corporate) to create a coherent business plan that prioritizes and customizes a local dev engagement mix of social, digital, and one-to-many experiential activities, in alignment with the Corporate strategy and plan.
- Build, foster, and maintain healthy relationships with local developer marketing and technical resources and understand how to optimize resource utilization to execute the local developer marketing plan to grow the Azure dev pipeline. These resources include the local CMO team, Cloud Advocate(s), CSEs, Azure Global Black Belts, Cloud Solution Architects, App Innovation Specialists, Partner Technology Strategist, and Area Learning Lead.
- Build, foster, and maintain healthy relationships with local developer community leaders. You will select and nurture local Azure Tech Group community leaders, and you will work with local Microsoft MVPs, in partnership with the Community Program Manager.
Go-to-Market Planning (10%):
- Plan and execute the local developer audience engagement strategy for Microsoft Azure to professional developers through local Microsoft marketing engines and Global Engagement Programs, in alignment with the Corporate marketing strategy and plan.
- Set local community strategy (online, offline) and influence local cloud developer community leaders (Influencers, MVPs, RDs, non-MS) to earn Azure advocacy. Use influence within your network to evangelize Azure.
- Conduct reviews across the business to drive aligned execution and provide timely feedback that will shape the corporate engagement strategy.
Business Orchestration (20%):
- Identify and orchestrate strategic market-making plays. Own local business management strategy, partnering with fellow leaders to interpret opportunity and risk.
- Determine key insights and drive recommendations to accelerate adoption of Microsoft Azure back into the local leadership team.
- Capture, analyze and report key performance indicators, insights and metrics and drive informed feedback into Corporate teams to improve global and local (“glocal”) execution plans and outcomes.
- Orchestrate adoption and execution of relevant Azure specific sales plays to deliver ACR growth by leveraging MEI data, MSX- Content, and GearUp.
Key Experiences, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Rich experience marketing to developers or actively building local developer communities
- Software Development background and experience
- Sales/ Marketing experience
- Technical product advocacy skills
- Strong passion for technology and a background working in the commercial application
- Deep insight about the local technical ecosystem, including cloud platform providers, developer communities and business trends
- Deep marketing competencies/skills & experience, including analytical skills
- Demonstrated technical marketing experience across cloud technologies, including Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of software development principles, common DevOps practices, cloud platforms, business drivers, and emerging trends in Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies and tools (e.g., Node; Java; Python; etc.)
- Previous experience in professional software development roles
- Track record of strategic organizational impact and influence
- Track record of v-team accomplishments (cross boundary collaboration and interpersonal awareness)
- Exceptional leadership skills and team building, decision-making, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, and follow through
- Results driven; with exceptional presentation, verbal, and written communication
- Degree in either Marketing/Business or Computer Science preferred; MBA or Masters in Computer Science plus (depending on level)
- Fluency in English