About the job
The Producer of Programs of Al Jazeera Arabic Channel produces program/s achieving best quality in all stages: pre-production, production and post-production.
Programs include talk shows, magazines, segments and documentaries (in-house, commissioning, acquisition and re-version), whether live or recorded.
- Evaluate ideas/scripts and able to present and comment verbally and in written.
- Search and navigate stories/topics with appropriate editorial and technical judgement, with sufficient writing and picture editing skills.
- Communicate verbally and in written with all level needed stakeholders for achieving the tasks needed
- Deliver to deadlines within time and budget.
- Source, create and edit appropriate visual/audio material to illustrate content, within time and budget created.
- Evaluate viewing content editorially and artistically within appropriate timetables, ensuring content is with no major or minor flaws.
- Create compelling promotional content across different platforms.
- Recognize copyright clearances, legal issues and professionally documenting all needed for broadcast content.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bilingual – Arabic & English
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Media, Communication, or other related fields
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as Assistant Producer or related field.
- Excellent scripting and narrative skills.
- Skilled at leading and motivating teams, encouraging and developing production staff.