To perform operational tasks for all procurement requirements in a given or group of product categories, adhering to category strategy, in line with its financial and operational requirements. Participates in managing vendor accounts establishes strong inter-departmental relationships and provides time-bound execution of tenders. Works directly with end-users to define specifications for the execution of the order. To enable the procurement department to offer the best in class procurement to the user department across the company. Interface with internal customers and suppliers to ensure the best value for the company in line with its strategic, financial and operational requirements.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Plan procurement activities in line with Category Plan, assisting with the plan as required, meeting timeframes as agreed with the user department. Forward planning for Procurement Activities to achieve all projects competitively and on time.
- Identifies and proposes cost savings opportunities for QR Group to reduce total spend.
- Responsible for the development of savings solutions and benchmarking of industry standards.
- Recommend process improvements to reduce RFQ timelines.
- Responsible for negotiations planning and execution with suppliers on costs, commercial and contractual terms. Track supplier performance to circumvent issues and achieve higher service levels for QR.
- Conducts a market search to identify a potential supplier as well as to maintain and promote sound relationships with suppliers and the business community.
- Strive to assist the procurement department to achieve the best value, quality and delivery terms, at all times for goods and services procured on behalf of the organization.
- Complete end to end Tenders including all documents required as per relevant Policies. Provide regular status updates to internal user departments and suppliers on procurement tenders, acting as the primary point of contact.
- Act as a primary point of contact for internal user department procurement queries, projects and data requests.
- Proactively manage internal user expectations and use best endeavors to meet reasonable user delivery requirements for projects.
- Negotiation with suppliers on costs and commercial terms for medium to high-value goods and services as required.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Provide high service levels for QR Group including timelines, professionalism, communications, and expectations within the operational duties.
- Ensure conformance at all times of the organization to the Procurement process, DOA and any other relevant company policies and processes in all procurement and other activities carried out
- Develop relationships with end-users, working together to optimize and leverage volumes and specifications, challenging these where required, vetting received souring requests.
- Achieving assigned KPIs in line with Category KPIs to support department and company goals
- Work closely with Contracts to ensure appropriate agreements are negotiated and in place.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast of any market trends and developments.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements.
- Operational Safety
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through the provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training, and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures, and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high-quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation, and response are being achieved.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level or equivalent
- Procurement related vocational qualification and/or educational credits.
- Degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the airline industry.
- Management consulting background.