Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha’s city centre, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
You will be responsible to monitor day to day procurement, deal with the small and medium jobs and requests, establish strong inter relationships and provide time-bound for end-user, works directly with end-user to define specifications and requests for proposal and execution of the order.
- Assist to facilitate all purchasing small and medium requirements of all HIA departments, within the stipulated time frame
- Assist in implementing sourcing strategies to support corporate goals.
- Managing and optimizing supplier performance, including continuous improvement, innovations, obsolescence, and reduction in the total cost of ownership.
- Maintains and promotes a sound relationship with suppliers and the business community.
- Prepare reporting data and obtain validation from vendors to ensure common data is recognized and agreed to for monthly, quarterly review meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management.
- Minimum 4 years of job-related experience required
- Must have at least 5 years practical work experience in Purchase Department in a reputed organization with the necessary knowledge, skills and expertise to undertake procurement assignments independently
- Full Understanding of Procurement concepts and principles, Target oriented with a strong focus on meeting SLA Commitments
- Possess strong team player skills, problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with people from different cultures/backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of market trends including print, air & online/digital media