Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
- Overall supervision of structural engineers.
- Technical competence of structural personnel.
- Forecast requirement for structural engineering resources and allocate those resources.
- Structural design integrity of work scope and maintenance of standards.
- Identify structural software necessary to enable structural group to function effectively.
- Interdisciplinary communication development.
- Structural group communication development.
- Prepare structural discipline man hour estimates to perform project tasks.
- Check compliance with QA/safety/environment goals.
- Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Promote career development within the group.
- Identify and review new technology development, which could be applicable in providing more cost-effective facilities.
- Technical supervision of project designated structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
- Prepare weekly structural progress and expenditure reports on a project specific basis.
- Benchmark structural design/drafting to identify areas of improvements.
What you will bring
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of the codes and standards and a good understanding of offshore engineering practices.
- Familiar with international standards such as AISC, API, ASTM, BS, etc.
- Sound grasp in offshore structural analyses for all kinds of pre-service (loadout, lift, transportation, launch/flotation, on-bottom stability) and in-service (inplace, seismic, fatigue, pushover)
- Knowledge of structural detailing and capability to develop construction friendly and economic connection and support details.
- Experience in life extension assessment projects will be an advantage.
Industry Specific Experience:
- With a minimum of 20 years of structural design / engineering experience for offshore project.
- User of SACS and MS Office softwares, STAAD Pro and MathCAd.
- Working experience in USFOS software for pushover analyses
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: worleyparsons.taleo.net.