About the job
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Principal Rotating Engineer to provide specialist support to Oil and Gas, Refining and Petrochemical Projects in our Qatar office on a staff basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the project execution plan including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
The Principal Rotating Engineer will be responsible for the following activities:
- O verall Lead role for the project including liaison with client technical personnel.
- Technical management of multi-location team in London, India and Qatar
- Providing advice on the selection of rotating equipment
- Specification of pumps, compressors and other rotating equipment, including drivers, seal and lube systems by preparing Technical Specifications and Mechanical Datasheet.
- Preparation Enquiry Requisitions for budget pricing and for long lead items
- Technical evaluation / clarification of supplier bids as required
- Technical supervision of supplier design and control of supplier interface, plus the co-ordination of interfaces with other engineering disciplines
- Review of Supplier documentation for integration within Project design, such as GA / Details / Calculations and Fabrication Procedures
- Provide specialist input to design reviews, risk assessments and constructability reviews
- Support Inspection and Testing of Equipment, attend testing for critical equipment
- Support Construction and Commissioning phase
- Technical support for installation and commissioning
- Supervise less experienced mechanical engineers and, where required
- To provide relevant knowledgeable practical skills in the response and actions for:
- Site visits and site surveys
- Site queries and discussions
- Supplier, vendor, contractor, client and site related discussions
- Site based activities
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, and preferably a chartered member of a relevant professional body or institution.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Oil & Gas post-graduation
- Experience in working with process and utility compressors, gas and steam turbines, pumps and other rotating equipment
- Experience of working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Concept through to EPC, with a focus on upstream.
- Familiarity with the following codes: API, ISO and ASME
- Familiarity with standards of major oil companies particularly Shell DEPs
- Flexible attitude, with good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate within Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate a good level of written and spoken communication skills in the English language.
- Should also be able to work independently.
- Be willing and able to represent Wood in both onshore and offshore surveys, holding relevant certification or willing to undertake suitable training such as BOSIET and H2S Awareness.