Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer with both design and construction management experience and looking for an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced high profile project in Qatar, then Arcadis have a fantastic opportunity for you.
- Ensure Contractor submittals are compliant with Contract documents ahead of construction works commencing, providing subject matter expertise.
- Manage and mentor direct reports. Assess and report on the progress, health, safety and quality of construction works to support the site supervision management team in ensuring that the works are completed in accordance with the contract.
- Support Senior Site Representative in Administration of the Construction Contract.
- Liaise with Local Authorities on all relevant project technical matters to ensure acceptance and compliance with Authority standards
- Comply with all Arcadis policies, procedures inclusive of health and safety plans and site supervision manual
- Actively contribute to the health, safety and welfare of self and others through identification and reporting of potential health and safety hazards in the workplace
- Maintain knowledge of current standards and regulations
- Collaborate and coordinate with all engineers (Consultant/Client/Contractor)
- Review of Contractor submittals (shop drawings, as-built drawings, materials, method statements)
- Produce project technical & progress reports
- Prepare responses to technical queries / RFI’s
- Take an active role in project progress and technical meetings
- Notify Senior Site Representative on project time, quality and cost risk
- Attend on-site/off-site witness testing of materials, equipment and systems
- Maintain progress records for tracking progress v/s program
- Prepare draft letters to support Senior Site Representative administer the Contract
- Review technical aspects of variations and claims
- Support Senior Site Representative with project closeout procedures
- Manage and mentor direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant professional discipline
- Professional Membership preferred
- Grade A MME required.
- 12 years of post-graduate experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Country
- Competent user of Microsoft applications
- Valid driving license
- Must be fluent in the English language and the language of the works Contract (spoken and written)
- Must be able to work proactively within and manage multi-cultural teams
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work professionally and in an ethical manner whilst representing Arcadis