Compass International School
Learning and Teaching
- To be an exemplary teacher, clearly demonstrating effective planning, teaching and organization, and high standards of achievement and behavior in lessons.
- To be responsible for the development and on-going review of the school’s EAL Policy and procedures
- To follow the school’s assessment, recording and reporting procedures.
- Be willing to share good practice in supporting students with English literacy needs.
- Promote cultural entitlement through the provision of a broad range of learning activities during and after the school day.
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines.
- Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks.
- Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for student learning.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all students.
- Provide effective support for children in their other lessons as required
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning in line with school policy.
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils in line with the school assessment strategy.
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students, in accordance with the school’s behavior policy.
- Participate in meetings that relate to the school’s leadership, curriculum, administration and organization.
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies.
- Participate in the performance management system for the review of your own performance, and that of other teachers as required.
Planning and Preparation
- Identify clear teaching objectives, content, structures and sequences of lessons appropriate to the educational needs of the students in the class.
- Set appropriate, realistic yet demanding expectations for students learning, building on prior attainment/knowledge.
- Identify students who may require learning support and know where to enlist help if and when required.
- Planning should show clear understanding of the year group expectations and lead to progression within lessons and over sequences of lessons.
- Progress / learning: all children make the best possible progress in their learning throughout the lessons. All children can demonstrate/ apply/ transfer learning in relevant contexts;
- Attitudes: all children display positive attitudes throughout the entire lesson;
- Engagement: all children are enthusiastic and display high levels of motivation. Children are responding well to being stretched, taking risks and using their initiative;
- Initiative: all children work independently and/ or collaboratively;
- Assessment: all children can confidently talk about their achievements, in relation to their learning and outcomes.
Professional and Personal Development
- Continual development through the identification and implementation of your own Personal Development Plan
- Development Plan to include:
- Continually striving to improve performance;
- Setting and working towards targets with your line manager linked to the school development plan;
- Participating in learning walks and observations and coaching as appropriate.
Personal Specifications – Skills Knowledge and Experience
- BEd Degree or Degree plus PGCE/QTS
- Teaching Qualifications
- Further Degree (e.g. MA)
- Relevant teaching experience in UK or Internationally
- Good working knowledge of the Primary Curriculum, English National Curriculum
- Experienced working with EAL students
- Good classroom practice and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and to work on own initiative
- Range of teaching experience across different year groups
- Knowledge language acquisition strategies for non-native English speakers
- Relish the prospect of collegial planning and teaching within the wonderful country of Qatar
- Be able to engage and inspire new learners of English
- Be open to ideas, to continued professional development
- Be creative in the design and delivery of the curriculum
- Be energetic and prepared to go the extra mile in shaping the school’s future
- Be creative and flexible in the delivery of an outstanding curriculum
- High levels of personal integrity
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard
- A flexible and positive approach to work
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; high attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Adaptable to working in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Proactive and willing to take on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a team player, willing to help and be flexible
- Continually strive for improvement
- Hold a current Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure or equivalent for countries lived in outside of the UK.
- Compliance with visa requirements for working in Qatar.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils. And the willingness to undertake appropriate child protection training when required
Philosophy and Values
We are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that:
- There is no limit to what every person can achieve.
- Creativity and challenge help us get better every day.
- Learning should be personalized.
- Unique global opportunities enhance the learning experience.
The NAE Commitment
At Nord Anglia Education, we work every day to inspire our schools, our students and our employees to be the best they can be, and we are ambitious for them all to achieve more than they thought possible in their personal, social and academic endeavours. Within our family of schools, this aspiration is underpinned by a commitment to always act with respect, integrity, openness, courage and ambition. These qualities are the foundation of how we approach our work and roles within NAE and are shared by everyone in our global family.
Promote and embodies The CORE 7 Leadership Capabilities:
- Accountable – Establishes a high performing culture and accepts accountability for organizational performance.
- Strategic – Leads opportunity and is committed to continuous improvement aligned with the organizational vision and direction
- Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational outcomes
- Entrepreneurial – Creates organizational value for diverse stakeholders and achieves commercial success
- Enabling – Drives excellence through valuing and developing others
- Agile – Achieves personal and organizational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment
- Resilient – Demonstrates personal resilience within a demanding environment of high expectations
- Role-model the ‘Be Ambitious’ philosophy each day
- Feedback as a valued member of the team and the wider organization
To apply, please send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org